Weight-loss Counter

Friday, August 27, 2010

Im not a hater!

Summer time is for love and weddings, lots of them. If you know me, then you would also know that I am addicted to TLC, HGTV, and Food Network. These networks have a ton of airtime dedicated to wedding stuff! Cakes, dresses, and flowers. You name it, they have a show dedicated to (fill in the blank) for your wedding. So because I watch so much of these programs, I have a pretty good idea about whats hot and whats not. Outside of my impeccable innate sense of style and quality, I have high standards. I think everyone and anyone can be GREAT with any budget.

Facebook is a great place to scout wedding pictures of friends and friends of friends. Some people have GREAT weddings and some people missed the mark completely, in my opinion. I think I am a fair judge. Yes, I do have an opinion about everything its who I am! Did I mention I'm an over achiever? and a tad bit OCD? okok more than a tad bit.....

In my 25 years and 10 months on the earth, I realized that people with strong opinions may be classified as "Haters". Why hate? Because they stand out from the crowd and demand more out of life?? I don't know, I'll do some more research and get back with you.

I have dated the the love of my life for 9 years. Yes 9 years. Many people who find out this fact get a little antsy and start asking a bunch of questions. "When are ya'll going to get married?" , "What's taking so long?", "What are ya'll waiting on?". I'm sure many people probably look at me with sympathy because to them, I haven't been able to get my boyfriend of 9 years to commit, there must be something wrong with me, us, our relationship. All this speculation couldn't be further from the truth.

So back to the hating topic. A friend of a friend spontaneously got married recently, and I was talking to my friend about the goings on..... girl chit-chat. Out of the blue a person who shall not be named commented about how I was a hater, and implied that I was secretly wishing that I was married and was in the position of all these women who had recently gotten married over the summer. *Shocked* I didn't know how to react from being blindsided like that! Was my opinion of peoples weddings and my opinions about the life choices of people coming across as "hating"????? That was the last thing I want people to think about me!

Here is the God honest truth, for the record. I am happy with my relationship. I am happy that we have made the choice to not get married as of yet. What my boyfriend and I have decide to do, is working for US. I don't want to take the easy route and have a mediocre life, I want to be GREAT!

Could some of these couples have made better life decisions, in my opinion... some of them YES. But at the end of the day, they have to wake up in the morning and live with the consequences of their actions.. just like I do.

So, to settle things once and for all, I am not jealous, or a hater. I have a strong opinion, I'm sorry you are offended by my truthfulness. Please, don't project your insecurities on me. I'm not perfect, but I LOVE being me :)

Just like my blog tagline says... If you have a problem with me and what I do, take it personal. Ha! #thatisall



No comments:

Post a Comment