Weight-loss Counter

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Back in School .. Back to Reality

So the semester has started. I'm back on the grind!! Lecture & labs for two sections of general biology. As the instructor, I'm thinking "There isn't that much time to cover all the material". The students are thinking "OMG how will I learn all this stuff??". Neither of us know the answer to the questions at hand. I really wanted to be innovative with my class and streamline a few things. They have these digital response pads that the students can respond real-time to questions I ask in class, take attendance, etc. That would have been really cool, but it didn't work out that way :( Maybe next semester.......... I have reduced the amount of time I spend outside of class doing extra work. I built quite a sizable test bank, almost eliminated the paper based assignment and moved everything online. #win

I often wonder why the Lord closed the door to my last job as a Quality Control Analyst. I suppose He has a plan that requires me to have collegiate teaching experience. To what end, I don't know?? So for now, I'll tweak my lecture notes and online quizzes.

A few days ago I had a panic attack. It happens every now again. My uncle passed away recently, and he was funeralized on this past Tuesday. Losing a loved one always forces you to realize your own mortality and how life is oh so short. Makes you think about what you have done with your life so far and how close (or far away) you are from your short term and long term goals. I've been feeling like my terminal degree, career, and financial stability is just out of reach. My birthday is next month and my ovaries and I are another year older O_O. Yeah, sometimes I have irrational baby fever. God knows I'm not seriously considering getting jump started on expanding our new family. Especially not in the financial position we are in currently. Unless we can feed, cloth, and education a wee little one on love and kisses, we would have a problem. I just have to keep reminding myself that I'm exactly where I need to be. Live the life I have now and don't wish away now for something in the future. I'm trying to be content and grateful for the here and now. It's and on going process.

Tomorrow is Monday........... another week of classes. Cheers to making it a good one!


1 comment: