Weight-loss Counter

Monday, April 25, 2011

Are you touching my hair?

Many of you may know, that I have been on a healthy hair journey for awhile now. I've been serious about it for about 2 years, and my efforts have paid off! My hair is healthy, natural, and growing : ) Sometimes, I like to wear my hair in a fro/wash and go style and sometimes I straighten it via blow dryer or flat iron. Whenever I change me hair style people notice (usually my friends from other cultures) and it can be a big deal depending on what they have been exposed to in the past. Reactions can range anywhere from staring to touching! Yes, touching... smh! People better be glad I'm not easily offended! There is this one guy at work who is especially interested in my tresses. One day while sitting at my desk I felt something touch my hair, I jumped, turned around and there was my coworker patting my recently washed hair, and pulling one of my curls! He looks at me unaware of the possible danger he was in, and says "Cool", then walks away. O_O Another day, I straightened and drop curled my hair.. and low and behold he came by my desk and touched my hair again!? Really *face palm* I'm glad I'm such a nice person, or better yet, he should be happy!  I wasn't offended, but as a friendly PSA, please my fellow Americans: PLEASE, DONT TOUCH A BLACK WOMAN'S HAIR We will usually take offense to it..not sure why but we do..so consider yourself warned!! And if you don't take my advice (see below)

Dont-Ask-to-Touch-My-Hair1.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment